Arabic Lessons for Kids
The pedagogical design features a stealth learning approach through game-based technology, making the learning experience more innovative and fun. As a self-learning tool, stealth learning encourages the Arabic learner to retain and apply Arabic literacy skills in his or her daily life though gameplay.
Supported learning outcomes
“Antura wa al Huruf” (Antura and the Letters) is a smartphone app that teaches Arabic literacy skills. It incorporates a series of mini-games and mini-assessments to support numerous learning outcomes:
- Letter/sounds recognition
- Decoding (letters, letter combinations, and words)
- Oral fluency
The educational content is based on the Syrian national elementary curriculum, including:
- Arabic alphabet phonology
- Vowels (long and short)
- Consonants (sun and moon)
- Letter sounds
- Letter shapes (initial, medial, final, separate)
- Letter articulation and letter combinations
- The diacritic signs (Harakat)
- Removing affixes to return a word to its base form (Tajrid)
- Vocabulary, phrases, and simple sentences
Vocabulary used in the game
The in-game vocabulary includes:
- nouns (singular/dual/plural, feminine/masculine)
Vocabulary themes represented: family members, body parts, food, animals, nature, home, community workers, week days, months, colors, and numbers. Phrases include greetings, daily communication, and short questions and answers.
The sentences introduce the basic form of verb, subject, and object.
Educator contact us!
If you want to use Antura in your classroom or educational context, you can contact us to have our support and contribute to the improvement of the game.